Information for prospective parents
The regulations governing the provision of information in independent schools are set out in The Education (Independent School Standards) (England) Regulations 2014.
Under section 32 (1) (b) of the schedule to the regulations, independent schools have a duty to make certain information available to current and prospective parents.
Section 32 (3) of the schedule sets out the information that must be made available, including:
- The school’s policies on admissions, misbehaviour and exclusions
- Details of education and welfare provision for for pupils with education, health and care (EHC) plans and pupils who speak English as an additional language (available at request from the school office - please see contact details below)
- A policy on the school’s curriculum
- A policy on the promotion of good behaviour and sanctions for misbehaviour
- Details of the school’s anti-bullying strategy
- A policy on health and safety
- A policy on first aid
- Details of the school’s academic performance in the previous school year, including the results of any public examinations
- Details of the school’s complaints procedure and the number of complaints registered under the formal procedure during the previous school year (found here)
- A copy of inspection reports